Who We Are
Visit San Pedro is the independent destination services division of the Southern California Education, Tourism, & Cultural Organization serving San Pedro, the Los Angeles Harbor and Palos Verdes Peninsula communities, and Catalina Island.
What We Do
- Promote the San Pedro region to the world and attract visitors from throughout the world to the area by reaching out through a variety of media and channels, including websites, the press, social media, and through travel agents and cruise lines
- Operate the San Pedro Visitor Center and provide information to visitors, local residents, and newcomers including guides, maps, and brochures, along with expert advice on what to see and do, where to dine, and how to find services they need
- Train and deploy a team of volunteers who provide visitor assistance and information in the Visitor Center, on the Waterfront and in Downtown, and at special events
- Publish a variety of guides for visitors on the area, dining, family activities, information for newcomers, and for mariners, among many specialized publications
- Produce the most visited area website for tourists with information on what to see and do
- Produce the most comprehensive calendar of events of interest to visitors, including a biweekly printed calendar, an online calendar, and a long-term master calendar
- Provide training on topics of interest to Visit San Pedro members, including Alcohol Server Training, Marketing to Cruise Passengers, Social Media Marketing, and others
How We Are Funded
Visit San Pedro is funded entirely by sponsorships, advertising, and special events revenues. We do not receive any government funding.
The Southern California Education, Tourism, & Cultural Organization was established to serve as the lead cultural tourism organization for the region. It addresses the needs and interests of both inbound and outbound travelers, as well as area residents through educational programming, events, and other activities. It is a California non-profit corporation.
You may apply to become an Affiliate of SoCal ETC/Visit San Pedro or to advertise in our publications. Click here for the information packet
Or call us at 310-729-9828